Currently the Denver First Church of the Nazarene is undergoing renovations. The upgrades were designed by The Beck Group. The church is located one block west of Colorado Boulevard on the south side of Hampden Avenue in Englewood. Construction began on the church in 1972.
The church can trace its roots back to 1908 when the first congregations were held at Howe Hall, 1548 California Street in downtown Denver. Today, the site is a parking lot that is owned by the Denver-based real estate development firm NAI Shames Makovsky.
“Denver First Church has waited over 40 years to add to their facility. They were desperately in need of additional fellowship space. The entitlement process with the City required several variances and restricted both the floor plan extents and height of the project.” writes The Beck Group. “Interestingly, the church added over 250 spaces on their vacant parcel to the west and did so with a pervious asphalt to minimize surface water retention. The project adds a multi-purpose gym/worship area and over 8000 SF of new fellowship/atrium areas to connect to the original 1974 construction”
The Beck group also designed the 22-story 1401 Lawrence office project that is currently under construction in downtown Denver. The building will include 13 stories of leasable office space that will sit upon a 9 story parking podium. The project is being developed by the Canadian developer First Gulf.
There are 0 comments