Yesterday evening a ceremony was held to celebrate the construction of The Source Hotel. The construction of this 100-room hotel is now in full swing.
This project is taking shape at the 3300 block of Brighton Boulevard in Denver’s RiNo neighborhood next to The Source marketplace. Denver-based Zeppelin Development is bringing this project to life. Dynia Architects designed this building.
Members of the Development team, representatives from the City of Denver, and New Belgium Brewing were on hand to celebrate this development.
“We are providing more than just a place to stay; we are providing an experience,” stated Kyle Zeppelin of Zeppelin Development. “People that come to Denver want to experience the best things that are going on around the region all in one place and have a culture that supports that– that is the goal of the hotel.”
Denver City Councilman Albus Brooks was also on hand and addressed the crowd.
“I get to celebrate the first hotel that is breaking ground here in RiNo. They said it couldn’t be done and now it is done,” said Brooks. “What we really see about RiNo and this whole area is that we as a city want to invest in infrastructure and we believe private development will come right along with it.”
Two pedestrian bridges will open in RiNo to improve connectivity and walkability and an RTD commuter rail station will be located at 38th and Blake. This station will provide access to Denver International Airport. Service on this line is expected to begin in the spring of 2016.
In July it was announced that Fort Collins-based New Belgium Brewing has reached an agreement with The Source Hotel to have a new 10-barrel pilot brewery at the hotel.
The beer will be brewed on the ground floor and an 8th floor lounge titled “The Woods” will feature barrel aging, and will provide visitors with a location to take in beer and food as well.
The Source Hotel will feature:
- An eighth-floor- rooftop deck with a beer garden and pool
- A second 25,000 square foot market hall with 20-foot ceilings
- A ground-floor craft brewery
- A signature independent restaurant
- Open shopping areas featuring as many as 12 additional vendors
- Several food and beverage counters
- A courtyard featuring terraces and native landscaping
- Operable garage doors (a signature Zeppelin design feature) in select guest rooms and lining the market hall
- A 300 space parking garage serving both the Hotel and the Source